Financial Aid

Financial aid is any type of outside assistance that helps you pay for school. The most common types of aid are loans, grants, and scholarships. Grants such as the PELL Grant are “gift aid” from the federal government and do not have to be paid back. Our college only accepts cash and the PELL Grant, we do not process any financial aid loans.

Financial Aid Application Process

Find out if you qualify for financial aid grants.
Follow the instructions to apply.
Our Federal School Code is: 041781

Financial Aid Application Response

Within 72 hours, your information should be forwarded to us. We will follow up with you with more information or a plan of action for your new career in the cosmetology field.

Create a FSAID ID

Visit to create an FSA ID.

Student Loan Entrance and Exit Counseling, MPN

Visit to complete entrance and exit counseling.

Tips and Info for Applying

When completing the, be as accurate as possible. Mistakes will cause your application to be rejected. These errors may include giving monthly amounts instead of yearly amounts, writing in the margins and checking the ovals rather than filling them in on written applications.

If a question seems confusing, call the federal student aid hot line at 800-4-FED-AID, or ask a financial aid administrator at CCHD.

Once you have gathered all of your financial data, the is rather straight-forward. Answer each question unless the specifically tells you it is a step that you may skip.

Info You May Need

The asks for information about you (your name, date of birth, address, etc.) and about your financial situation. Depending on your circumstances (for instance, when you filed taxes or what tax form you used), you might need the following information or documents as you fill out the

  1. Your Social Security number (it is important that you enter it correctly on the!)
  2. Your parents' Social Security numbers if you are a dependent student.
  3. Your driver's license number if you have one.
  4. Your Alien Registration Number if you are an eligible non-citizen.
  5. Federal tax information or tax returns including IRS W-2 information, for you (and your spouse, if you are married), and for your parents if you are a dependent student:
    1. IRS 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ
    2. Foreign tax return, or Tax return for Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, the U.S. Virgin Islands, the Marshall Islands, the Federal States of Micronesia, or Palau.
  6. Records of your untaxed income, such as child support received, interest income, and veterans non-education benefits, for you, and for your parents if you are a dependent student.
  7. Information on cash; savings and checking account balances; investments, including stocks and bond and real estate but not including the home in which you live; and business and farm assets for you, and for your parents if you are a dependent student.
  8. A PIN – you will need to pick a PIN number.